Congratulations on the decision to get fit despite your busy schedule! I am also a busy mom, wife, and professional who strives to be active each day. Figuring out how to fit exercise into your busy day can be a challenge at first. Over the last few years, I have figured out a few ways that really work. There is an opportunity each day to be active and exercise even for a few minutes each day. I am excited to help you with getting more time into your day to meet your health goals.
5 simple ways you can use right now to get more exercise into your day
- Wake up 30-45 minutes earlier. Early morning workouts are a great way to start your day! You can get this checked off your to do list first thing and feel accomplished.
- Use your calendar reminders. Adding exercise directly into your calendar helps reserve the time slot. It also helps keep you from forgetting about it and making other plans during the scheduled time.
- Pack your gym bag. On days you plan to travel to the gym, pack your gym bag in advance and place it in the car. This way if you work a flexible schedule you are always ready to be active.
- Use your lunch break. Packing your lunch can help shave off a few minutes from standing in long cafeteria or restaurant lines. Also, there is no travel time needed. The extra time you are saving allows you to take a brisk walk, jog, or a few trips (consistently in a row) up and down the stairs. This is a great option to consider as well for a break away from your work area during the day.
- Share your exercise plan for the day. Once you commit to exercising share the plan with a friend, coworker, or family member. This is a means of accountability to do what you committed. This is also a great opportunity to recruit an exercise partner.
Now that you have 5 ways to fit exercise into your day, which ones will you choose?
For work at home parents and professionals who need help getting started with exercises at home, check out How to get started with home workouts
For help with meeting your health and fitness goals check out my Health Coach Services to see if we might be a good fit to work together.